Join us as we host acclaimed wellness experts, authors, thought leaders, artists, and more for one-of-a-kind experiences geared toward exploring and optimizing your physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and relational well-being. Together we're creating a community of seekers who want to connect more deeply with themselves, others, and the world around them.
Upcoming: Dr. Shelby Harris
August 11 - 13, 2023
Shelby Harris PsyD DBSM is a clinical psychologist and sleep specialist in private practice in NYC. She is board certified in Behavioral Sleep Medicine and treats a wide variety of sleep anxiety and depression issues using evidence-based non-medication treatments. Her self-help book "The Women’s Guide to Overcoming Insomnia" was published in 2019 by W.W. Norton Books. Dr. Harris holds an academic appointment as Clinical Associate Professor at the Einstein College of Medicine in Neurology and Psychiatry. Before going into private practice she was the longstanding director of the Insomnia Clinic at Montefiore Medical Center in NYC. Dr. Harris has been an invited columnist for the New York Times, and is frequently in the media including the New Yorker, Washington Post, Today Show and Good Morning America.
- The Science of Sleep: With a focus on evidence-based non-medication practices, Dr. Harris will discuss why sleep is essential to our overall well-being and ways to optimize your sleep overall in this workshop.
- Breaking Insomnia's Grip: CBT (Cognitive Behavorial Therapy) for Insomnia addresses both the cognitive and behavioral factors that negatively impact a good night’s sleep and is considered to be the gold-standard, first-line treatment for chronic insomnia by major medical associations in sleep medicine (ahead of medication!), yet many people have no idea what it is or where to find appropriate treatment. This talk will delve into the basics of CBT-I, how you can implement it at home, and where to find resources to help you take your CBT-I journey further if additional help is needed. CBT-I is a short-term, non-medication approach to insomnia treatment that goes beyond basic sleep hygiene.
Your stay includes:
- 20% off our Best Available Rate.
- Guaranteed enrollment in 1 Visiting Wellness Guide class per day.
- Access to daily wellness experiences; from mindfulness, movement, culinary, personal growth to outdoor adventure and creative arts.
- Access to 5,000+ sq ft of fitness, yoga, meditation spaces, and nearby hiking/biking trails.
- Connection with on-site wellness experts with opportunity for private sessions.
- Comfortable overnight accommodations and access to restful amenities, including resort pool.
- Complimentary bikes to explore Carefree, Arizona.
- Complimentary CIVANA water bottle with access to on-property FloWater alkaline water hydration stations.
- Complimentary self-parking.
*Must use code to receive rate and enrollment in one Visiting Wellness Guide offering per day. Rates are subject to availability and blackout dates. Cannot be combined with other offers and does not apply to group rates.