If you are unable to join in celebratory circle with us at CIVANA, fear not. You can still enjoy your own ceremony wherever you are in the world.
A fair bit may be surfacing for you on this final supermoon of the year which will reach a peak on Thursday, May 7th at 3:45 am PT. The powerful water energy of Scorpio rules our most deeply held emotional understanding our ourselves. Meanwhile, the Sun, Uranus, and Mercury are moving through earthy and stubborn Taurus. Actively inhabit this moment in time by setting the intention to transform through adversity. We can simultaneously appreciate the beauty of this bright full moon while consciously cultivating a strong balance between our intuition and inner resilience or fortitude. Powered by fixed Taurus, Scorpio will illuminate what Pluto in retrograde attempts to keep hidden from our awareness. This is a time to be honest.
What you’ll need:
Don’t worry if you’re missing any of the items below as they are just sugar-free icing on the gluten-free cake, the most important thing to bring is a heart-centered intention to rest, reflect, and release.
1. A fire source – preferably a cauldron or firepit, but a large candle will work too.
2. Crystals, malas, or a pendulum – the type of crystal or precious bead you use is entirely personal depending on what you are working on – let your intuition guide you. If you feel stuck, selenite or amethyst are generally wise selections.
3. A pen or pencil and paper.
4. Bath salts.
Music that brings a sense of calm and balance be it sound bowls, your favorite spotify playlist, or simply the soothing sound of nature at night.
1. Essential or anointing oil – find what works for you but the May Flower Full Supermoon blends well with rosemary, clary sage, lavender, orange, cedarwood, or yang ylang.
2. Smudge tools for energy and space clearing – palo santo, sage, juniper, cedar, lavender, or rose petals.
This process can last anywhere from 30 minutes to three hours – that all depends on you and how many are gathered in circle with you.
Set the Stage
1. Begin by lighting your fire source and smudging the room, including yourself (front and back).
2. Set out three sheets of paper with your pencil or paper.
3. If you are outside, set your crystal or mala facing north of you.
4. Turn on the music of your choice, preferably without ad interruptions or lyrics – words carry thought-forms and energy that can take us out of the present moment and away from our heart’s own intuition.
1. Rest: arrive in the present moment by briefly meditating for no less than 3 minutes
a. Notice your body making contact with the earth
i. if you are standing, notice how the feet draw energy up from below as if a root system is connecting you to source
ii. If you are seated or lying down, allow the earth to carry the whole of your weight, you should feel as if you are melting into the surface you find yourself on
b. Focus on the breath – inhaling a bit longer and deeper than usual
c. Allow the eyes to close or the gaze to lower – if you are doing mirror work, leave the eyes open and softly gaze into your own eyes with a kind spirit
d. Move your attention toward the area of the heart – set the intention for your ritual by either stating that which you wish for out loud or to yourself
2. Reflect & Release: on your first piece of paper, write down anything you are ready to let go of. When you feel like you have everything accounted for, put your pencil down. Standing over the fire source, hold the folded up paper across your heart, and genuinely thank everything you have written down for what it taught you. When that feels complete, gently lay the paper in the fire and allow it to move on.
3. Reset: take a moment to come back into the present – taking a few deep breaths, imagine you are smiling with your eyes and breaking with your heart.
4. Call-In: on your second piece of paper, write down anything you are ready to bring into your life. Remember to be as specific as possible – the universe is always conspiring on your behalf, so be clear about what you really want. When you feel like you have everything accounted for, put your pencil down. Standing over the fire source, take another deep breath and drop your folded up paper into the fire stating out loud or to yourself one word that captures that which you hope to cultivate before the paper reaches the fire. State aloud something along the lines of, “I release all that is needed for my intention to manifest to my angels and to the universe. I commit to being an active participant in calling my dreams forward and I thank you for the support.”
5. Connect: on your final piece of paper, bring to mind someone who could not be with you at your ceremony and write down a wish or offering you have for them. When you feel like you have everything accounted for, put your pencil down. Standing over the fire source, hold the folded up paper across your heart, bring that person into your mind’s eye, and state out loud that which you wish for them. When that feels complete, gently lay the paper in the fire and stay until the paper is just ash.
6. Clear: if anything arose during the ceremony that seems meaningful to document, find a diary, journal, or celestial binder and jot down what you noticed along with the date.
A perfect way to complete a ceremony like this is to properly hydrate and to draw yourself a bath with salts to allow anything remaining to wash away. Leaving your pure and prepared for the next new moon cycle that lies ahead.
May this bring you peace, joy, ease, and a genuine curiosity for the wonder of this life.
And so it is.
Explore How To Manifest with the Moon
2020 Summer Solstice
On Saturday, June 20th, the northern hemisphere will officially welcome the first day of astronomical…Read now
Global Wellness Day 2020
The Wellness of WE – Global Wellness Day Every day is Global Wellness Day at…Read now
Mindful Media Consumption & Family in Times of Uncertainty
By: ADRIANNA COSTA, CORRESPONDENT, WEATHER CHANNEL'S LOCAL NOW Follow her stories at @AdriannaCosta and @LocalNow…Read now