Join us as we host acclaimed wellness experts, authors, thought leaders, artists, and more for one-of-a-kind experiences geared toward exploring and optimizing your physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and relational well-being. Together we're creating a community of seekers who want to connect more deeply with themselves, others, and the world around them.
Featuring: Carson & Christina
November 24th - December 7th
As a “Handstand-Up Comedian,” Carson combines his love for being upside-down with his natural ability to make people laugh. During his workshops, teacher trainings, and retreats, students are encouraged to push their limits and explore their edge, while maintaining a playful attitude. In every instance, one can be sure to break a sweat, learn something new, and leave with a smile on his or her face.
Christina has never been an athlete, a dancer, or a gymnast, but through yoga she found her strength. Yoga entered her life at a time when she needed it most and taught her how to explore her inner self, learn about trauma in her body, and most importantly, how to be compassionate with herself and others. Christina aspires to be an instrument to help others find and feel what she has felt through the practice of Yoga. She believes that learning yourself is hard work, but no one else can do it for you. She hopes that through her teaching, she can help you spark that curiosity about yourself.
- Power Vinyasa: This challenging format combines deep breathwork and vigorous postures in a vinyasa-inspired practice. Increase your heart rate while you uncover strength, balance, and flow.
- Restorative Yoga: A luxurious and comforting practice of prop-supported poses held for an extended period of time, to release deeply held tensions and calm the nervous system. The aspiration of this practice is total surrender–inside and out. A little movement is required, and much is to be gained.
- Intro to Yoga Inversions: Mix things up as you learn about the many benefits of yoga inversions and how to safely practice. No acrobatics are required in this intermediate-level experience - an inversion can take place in any position where the heart is above the head in relation to the ground. Improve circulation, enhance balance, energize, heat, and strengthen the body, and practice patience with a healthy amount of healing laughter along the way.
- Breathwork + Meditation: Explore your relationship with playful and powerful pranayama as a pathway to presence. Deep breathing is a form of meditation that can lessen the experience of anxiety and depression, sharpen memory, promote more restful sleep, and even improve heart health.
- Private Experience - Inversion Lab: Join Special Guest Carson Calhoun in 1:1 or small group sessions to personalize and hone your skills with inversions and handstands. Step by step, breath by breath be guided into another level of your practice. Choose to work with one or more asanas from downward dog, to crow, to wheel, to handstand – you drive agenda with a set of skilled and helpful hands.
*Book by 11/30/21. Must use code to receive rate and enrollment in one Teacher in Residence offering per day. Rates are subject to availability and blackout dates. Cannot be combined with other offers and does not apply to group rates. Rate excludes tax. Resort credit is per stay and cannot be applied to room rate. Reservations must be cancelled 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid penalty of one night room and tax.