Avocado is one ingredient that gives any recipe a nutritional boost. Just 1 ounce (28 grams) provides good amounts of healthy fats, fibers and protein. Avocados may also aid heart health, weight control and healthy aging. Avocados are naturally nutrient dense containing nearly 20 vitamins and minerals including folate, magnesium and omega-3 fatty acids. A dose of avocado also helps sustain your hunger.
Enjoy this healthier take on traditional guacamole and a delicious avocado toast recipe. By adding broccoli, these dishes are infused with loads of Vitamin K & C, which build collagen. The fresh texture adds additional fiber which is important for digestive health. This is a great way to sneak in more veggies into the diet of those picky eaters as well. Make this at home and tag us @CIVANAresort.
• 2 Avocados
• 2 Cups Broccoli blanched and chopped
• 2 Tomato diced
• 1 Jalapeno diced
• 1 bunch cilantro chopped
• ½ Red onion diced
• 2 Tbsp chopped garlic
• 1.5 Lime juiced
• In food processor pulse blanched broccoli and avocados till desired texture.
• Transfer to mixing bowl and fold in Pico. Serve a side of fresh pico salsa on the side simply by doubling the recipe.
• Serve with gluten free corn tortilla chips or strips of or veggies such as bell peppers or sliced cucumbers.
• 2 pieces sourdough bread lightly toasted
• 2 oz broccomoli (see recipe above, spread on toast as base)
• 1 1/2 cup simple salad, dark leafy greens
• 1/2 avocado Sliced
• 1 oz crumbled goat cheese
• 2 tbsp chia seeds
• Toast sourdough bread
• Spread brocomoli as base
• Place simple salad on top, followed by sliced avocado, goat cheese and chia seed
Dream State Granola Bowl Recipe Mornings can be a vulnerable time, nutrition-wise. Often time starved…Read now
Blueberry Basil Smoothie
A simple and refreshing smoothie to give your skin a glowing boost. Enjoy this Blueberry…Read now
Kale Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
Salad Ingredients: • 4-5 cups Brussels sprouts, shredded in a food processor • 2 cups…Read now