MEXICAN WEDDING COOKIES
(Regular or Vegan)
• 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
• 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
• 1 ¼ cup butter or vegan butter
• 1 cup pecans chopped
• 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
• In mixing bowl cream butter and powdered sugar. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
• Refrigerate dough until firm.
• With a small cookie scoop or spoon scoop dough and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
• Bake @ 325 for approx. 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
• Let cookies cool and roll in powdered sugar.
SOPAPILLA CHEESECAKE BARS
(Gluten Free Yield 9×13 pan)
Posole is a cross between soup and stew and is severed on ceremonial events including Mexican Independence Day, Christmas as well as Sunday family dinners. There are three types of pozole, red (rojo), white (blaco) and green (verde) to represent the colors of the Mexican flag. This versatile dish is wonderful by itself or use it top chips, baked potatoes or as a dip.
• 1 ½ Lbs. fat free cream cheese
• 1 ¼ C raw organic sugar
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1/2 cup butter melted
• 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
• 1/4 cup raw organic sugar
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 2 sheets of GF puff pastry
• In mixing bowl cream first 5 ingredients.
• Place one sheet of puff pastry in pan and brush with melted butter.
• Spread cream cheese mixture on top.
• Place second layer of puff pastry on filling & brush with remaining butter.
• In small bowl combine sugars and cinnamon & sprinkle on top of puff pastry.
• Bake @ 400 for approx. 15 minutes until golden brown and puff pastry is cooked throughout.
Blueberry Basil Smoothie
A simple and refreshing smoothie to give your skin a glowing boost. Enjoy this Blueberry…Read now
Kale Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
Salad Ingredients: • 4-5 cups Brussels sprouts, shredded in a food processor • 2 cups…Read now
Asian Brussels Sprouts
While simple roasted Brussels sprouts with olive oil and salt are delicious on their own,…Read now