We’re sharing a few delicious recipes your holiday weekend may be missing. Enjoy making these CIVANA signature menu items at-home and tag us @CIVANAresort with your yummy photos.
One of our signature dishes that guests crave is a healthier take on traditional guacamole. Avocados are naturally nutrient dense containing nearly 20 vitamins and minerals including folate, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids. Just 1 ounce (28 grams) provides great amounts of healthy fats, fibers, and protein. Plus, adding broccoli to this dish, provides loads of Vitamin K & C, which build collagen. The fresh texture adds additional fiber which is important for digestive health.
• 2 avocados
• 2 cups broccoli blanched and chopped
• Pico salsa
• 2 tomato diced
• 1 jalapeno diced
• 1 bunch cilantro chopped
• ½ red onion diced
• 2 tbsp chopped garlic
• 1.5 lime juiced
• In food processor pulse blanched broccoli and avocados till desired texture. Transfer to mixing bowl and fold in Pico.
TASTY TURMERIC JICAMA PALEO FRIES
Enjoy this nutrient-packed healthy snacking alternative. A low-carb, gut-friendly alternative baked with turmeric and black pepper and served with CIVANA’s Broccomole. Paleo, vegan and keto-friendly.
• 2 avocados
• 1 medium jicama, peeled and cut into thin slices about 1/4 inch thick (about 4–5 cups)
• 1 tablespoon avocado oil
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• Preheat oven to 400°F.
• Place jicama slices into a large bowl, add oil, turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, and toss to coat evenly.
• Spread the fries onto a baking stone or a baking sheet lined with a silpat mat or parchment paper, making sure the fries aren’t crowded. They need space or they will steam and soften rather than becoming crispy.
• Bake for 30 minutes, take them out of the oven and flip, then bake for an additional 20-30 minutes or until fries are a little brown and have reached the desired texture.
• Remove from oven and serve with broccomole or your preferred side for dipping.
SMOKE OVER PALOMA COCKTAIL
The unique flavor combination and fresh pressed juice make for a delicious standout cocktail. The flavonoids found in citrus are excellent for heart health, plus, grapefruit is rich in vitamins A and C and known for aiding in weight loss. (Recipes makes 1 cocktail)
• 2oz Casa Migos Mezcal
• 3oz fresh grapefruit
• 1/2oz agave simple syrup
• 1/4oz fresh lime juice
• 2oz sparkling grapefruit water
Instructions & Technique:
• Shake, double strain, pour over ice.
• Serve in coupe or rocks glass.
• Rim the glass with Tajin and lime wedge.
Blueberry Basil Smoothie
A simple and refreshing smoothie to give your skin a glowing boost. Enjoy this Blueberry…Read now
Kale Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
Salad Ingredients: • 4-5 cups Brussels sprouts, shredded in a food processor • 2 cups…Read now
Asian Brussels Sprouts
While simple roasted Brussels sprouts with olive oil and salt are delicious on their own,…Read now