We’re sharing a few delicious recipes your holiday weekend may be missing. Enjoy making these CIVANA signature menu items at-home and tag us @CIVANAresort with your yummy photos.
One of our signature dishes that guests crave is a healthier take on traditional guacamole. Avocados are naturally nutrient dense containing nearly 20 vitamins and minerals including folate, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids. Just 1 ounce (28 grams) provides great amounts of healthy fats, fibers, and protein. Plus, adding broccoli to this dish, provides loads of Vitamin K & C, which build collagen. The fresh texture adds additional fiber which is important for digestive health.
• 2 avocados
• 2 cups broccoli blanched and chopped
• Pico salsa
• 2 tomato diced
• 1 jalapeno diced
• 1 bunch cilantro chopped
• ½ red onion diced
• 2 tbsp chopped garlic
• 1.5 lime juiced
• In food processor pulse blanched broccoli and avocados till desired texture. Transfer to mixing bowl and fold in Pico.
TASTY TURMERIC JICAMA PALEO FRIES
Enjoy this nutrient-packed healthy snacking alternative. A low-carb, gut-friendly alternative baked with turmeric and black pepper and served with CIVANA’s Broccomole. Paleo, vegan and keto-friendly.
• 2 avocados
• 1 medium jicama, peeled and cut into thin slices about 1/4 inch thick (about 4–5 cups)
• 1 tablespoon avocado oil
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• Preheat oven to 400°F.
• Place jicama slices into a large bowl, add oil, turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, and toss to coat evenly.
• Spread the fries onto a baking stone or a baking sheet lined with a silpat mat or parchment paper, making sure the fries aren’t crowded. They need space or they will steam and soften rather than becoming crispy.
• Bake for 30 minutes, take them out of the oven and flip, then bake for an additional 20-30 minutes or until fries are a little brown and have reached the desired texture.
• Remove from oven and serve with broccomole or your preferred side for dipping.
SMOKE OVER PALOMA COCKTAIL
The unique flavor combination and fresh pressed juice make for a delicious standout cocktail. The flavonoids found in citrus are excellent for heart health, plus, grapefruit is rich in vitamins A and C and known for aiding in weight loss. (Recipes makes 1 cocktail)
• 2oz Casa Migos Mezcal
• 3oz fresh grapefruit
• 1/2oz agave simple syrup
• 1/4oz fresh lime juice
• 2oz sparkling grapefruit water
Instructions & Technique:
• Shake, double strain, pour over ice.
• Serve in coupe or rocks glass.
• Rim the glass with Tajin and lime wedge.
Kale Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
Salad Ingredients: • 4-5 cups Brussels sprouts, shredded in a food processor • 2 cups…Read now
Asian Brussels Sprouts
While simple roasted Brussels sprouts with olive oil and salt are delicious on their own,…Read now
2020 Summer Solstice
On Saturday, June 20th, the northern hemisphere will officially welcome the first day of astronomical…Read now