While simple roasted Brussels sprouts with olive oil and salt are delicious on their own, we’re turning up the flavor on this superfood with our Asian inspired take. With one serving providing 20 essential vitamins and minerals, our method for cooking these combined with Asian flavors will be your new favorite way to cook up this veg.
• 2.5 lbs. fresh Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half or quarters if larger sprouts
• 1 Tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
• 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
• 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
• 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
• 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or Bragg’s liquid aminos
• 1 Tbsp raw honey
• 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
• 1 tsp gluten free flour
• 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
• Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, then add garlic, ginger and chili flakes. Sauté for 1 minute, just until fragrant, then stir in the sprouts and stir-fry until tender and browned at the edges (about 5-7 minutes).
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, honey, lemon, gluten free flour and sesame seeds.
• Pour the soy mixture over the Brussels sprouts in the hot pan, and cook for 2 more minutes or so, until a thick sauce is formed.
Kale Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
Salad Ingredients: • 4-5 cups Brussels sprouts, shredded in a food processor • 2 cups…Read now
Summer Weekend Recipes
We’re sharing a few delicious recipes your holiday weekend may be missing. Enjoy making these…Read now
2020 Summer Solstice
On Saturday, June 20th, the northern hemisphere will officially welcome the first day of astronomical…Read now